TECHNET Archives

April 2016

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2016 09:08:55 -0500
Hi Gil - the Au layer doesn't concern me provided the nickel barrier layer
is fabricated/plated correctly. You would be soldering to the nickel layer
and not the gold layer.The nickel layer should not diffuse away in a
controlled soldering process.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins