TECHNET Archives

April 2016

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:21:16 -0500
Hi Jack - you are getting some excellent details for the herd so I'll just
add one additional comment. In terms of lead-free assembly processing,
understanding the laminate Td (temperature of decomposition) is a critical
parameter because it is a measure of robustness with regards to the higher
process temperatures used in lead-free soldering. In terms of solder joint
integrity, understanding the laminate Tg (glass transition temperature) is
a critical parameter because it allows you to understand the impact of CTE
global mismatch on your solder joint integrity.  Both laminate
characteristics are important and need matched to your product use
environment.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins