TECHNET Archives

April 2016

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:49:13 -0600
Hi Julie,

I'm so sorry that you have experienced this, I know what you must be going
through, because back in 1990 we experienced a fire out on the production
floor. It occurred late Saturday night/ early Sunday morning. We had worked
that Saturday and the inline aqueous cleaner we had was left on. We think
some safety sensor had failed and allowed the heaters to stay powered even
though the water had boiled out of the tanks, and they wound melting the
cleaner down and setting it on fire:

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/Comptronix_Fire.jpg

There were about 6-8 sprinkler heads that were set off and they flooded the
production floor and the offices at the front of the building. We had
product at various stages of WIP and we had to salvage as much as we could.
First we informed our customers of the fire, and what product might be
affected. We still had our inline Detrex freon cleaner and we sent
everything through the cleaner. Assemblies that we had a electrical test
for were tested, and when all was said and done we only lost the boards
that were sitting in tilt racks next to the cleaner. We had tons of work
cleaning everything else up (microscopes, workstations, pick and place
equipment, etc., etc...) including calling a salvage company to come in and
clean up the production floor and office spaces after the sprinkler
flooding. But you know, we got it done. We were back building boards the
following Thursday....

Steve

--

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended
recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary