TECHNET Archives

April 2016

From:
Julie Silk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Julie Silk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 14:45:53 -0500
I'm looking for criteria to determine whether electronic equipment in a warehouse fire is salvageable.  There's obvious melted, blackened scrap and obvious pristine shrink-wrapped packing boxes that didn't see heat, smoke or water.  But there's stuff inbetween.  We need to make sure we have quality material, and need criteria to counter the insurance company's assessment of what's unaffected.  Is there some information we can leverage?  A consultant who knows this?  Thanks!  Julie