TECHNET Archives

April 2016

From:
Steven Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2016 10:20:35 -0400
Hi Nigel,
1) ZIF¹s require the flex to be usually .008 or .012 plus tolerance in
thickness so in most cases a .010 thick stiffener unless it is a single
layer flex is too thick
2) ZIF¹s come in a large variety of clamping mechanisms so you need to
review this carefully- some are more friendly than others
3) In most cases the issue is handling - accidentally bending in the ZIF
area or over the stiffener during assembly is usually the issue- the
clamping of the ZIF onto the ENIG is not an issue

Regards Steve Kelly

On 2016-04-06, 8:42 AM, "TechNet on behalf of Stadem, Richard D."