TECHNET Archives

April 2016

From:
Ioan Tempea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ioan Tempea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:41:24 +0000
Ricardo,

In my opinion Dave's answer tells it all. You can spend more time testing for alloy composition, embrittlement and all the rest, but, if you want to make it work, there is an immediate action to take, the connector pins need to have compliance.

- Ideally the pins could be formed like the gullwing pins of ICs, but depending on the material of the pins and based on their rather large width, simply bending them might not help.
- Companies like http://www.sixsigmaservices.com/ or http://www.corfin.com/ can help you figuring out how to attach extensions to the pins, making them compliant.
- Best bet, change the design and replace the connector with one having compliant pins.

Good luck,

Ioan Tempea, P. Eng.
Manufacturing Engineer, Satellite Systems

MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Corporation, 21025 Trans-Canada Highway, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC, Canada H9X 3R2
Tel: +1-514-457-2150 x3556
www.mdacorporation.com

This e-mail, and any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information. Any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments for any purposes that have not been specifically authorized by the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all copies and attachments. This email is for informational purposes only and shall not be interpreted to authorize or conclude a binding agreement between MDA and any other party unless this email contains or is accompanied by an express written confirmation of MDA's intention to enter into a binding agreement, such confirmation shall only be provided by an authorized representative of MDA.