TECHNET Archives

March 2016

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 16:54:57 -0700
You would need to do SEM EDX on one of the black spikes to determine its
composition.  That would go a long way in determining what the problem was.

I note that they are all near a through hole.  I suspect you had a
contaminant or processing fluid trapped in those holes that bled out,
contributing to the problem.

Doug Pauls
Principal Materials and Process Engineer
Rockwell Collins