TECHNET Archives

March 2016

From:
Technet Legg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Technet Legg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:58:04 -0500
There are two board images of a conformally coated Engine Control Unit at:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128859641@N02/25836586336/in/dateposted-public/

Not the best images, but would anyone care to speculate on the composition
of the star-burst patterns circled there?

Base on an even fuzzier image, I'd speculated that it was dye concentration in
an uneven curing process, but these give it a colour that suggests external
contamination of some kind, possibly bleeding into cracks.

The spikiness suggests a dendrite growth, but I don't want to get anyone excited.

RL