TECHNET Archives

March 2016

From:
Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 16:16:35 +0000
Ron,

I've had the same experience. The best way to convince them is to have your operator "make it look nice" by soldering the top side fillets on holes that have  <75% fill, then X-ray them. There should be a huge void inside the barrel and guess what it contains? FLUX!. So, here's the choice... a joint that you judge to be "not what I want to see", vs. a joint condemned to failure.

Ed Popielarski
Engineering Manager

                               970 NE 21st Ct.
                              Oak Harbor, Wa. 98277

                              Ph: 360-675-1322
                              Fx: 206-624-0695
                              Cl: 360-544-2289

       “It's one kind of victory to slay a beast, move a mountain, and cross a chasm, but it's another kind altogether to realize that the beast, the mountain, and the chasm were of your own design.”
https://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?hl=en&ll=48.315753,-122.643578&spn=0.011188,0.033023&ctz=420&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A