TECHNET Archives

February 2016

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:47:15 -0600
Jeff, it depends. Some aircraft, such as regional jets or general aviation,
don't go above 15000 meters.  Some of the larger aircraft may have the
requirement to go to 19000 meters as that is sometimes slightly above the
transcontinental cruising altitude.  I have the requirements for military
aircraft go as high as 79,000 feet (24,079 meters).

Doug Pauls
Principal Materials and Process Engineer
Rockwell Collins