TECHNET Archives

December 2015

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:41:56 -0000
HI Anne
Thermally conducting gaskets. Might be better known as TIMs - thermal
interface materials. These can come as metal shims, gloop/pastes, polymer
sheets/ribbons etc.
Some companies offer standard pre-cut shapes and others will offer a
customising service. The knack for the cutter in the customising world is to
work out the best layout for the different shapes so as to use as much of
the sheet as possible. Naturally there are computerised ways to do this.
Google thermal interface materials and in 0.0 something you will see!

--
Regards

Mike