TECHNET Archives

December 2015

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 2015 09:40:20 +0200
In a former life, we had two customers who did the ionic contamination
test on both the bare boards (regularly) and the components
(occasionally) before assembly. One of them was using a DIN F-SW 32 flux
with about 25% solids which left an awful gunge. The other used a low
solids type (forget the details). Both were in the telecomms business.
This was over 25 years ago, when I was in the ionic contamination tester
business.

Now I'm just an ancient retired codger whose earliest memory of public
affairs was the mourning over the death of King George V in 1936 (my
mother was a confirmed royalist!!!). Now, of course, I can hardly
remember what I did yesterday!

Brian