TECHNET Archives

November 2015

From:
Carl VanWormer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl VanWormer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2015 20:25:34 +0000
I think it was actually corrosion, since the area was brown/black and was several mm of bare copper, away from the location where the solder wicking stopped.  The stranded wires merged into the chemistry experiment blob wither the strands broke.  Also, these wires were supported by the Silicone rubber "water barrier" provided by this "waterproof" connector, so I don't think there was much vibration at this location.

Thanks for your comments,
Carl

Carl B. Van Wormer, P.E., AE7GD
Senior Hardware Engineer