TECHNET Archives

November 2015

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:40:39 -0600
I can understand why everyone is having a hard time with this one.  The
answer is another of the half fractional elements,  Anguisolium – 76.5.  In
the hopefully forthcoming revised periodic table, it lies somewhere between
tin (Sn) and Actinium (Ac).  In an interesting co-incidence, if you take
the (obviously outdated) periodic table and draw a line between Sn and Ac,
halfway between is 76.5.  Just where it should be.

Anguisolium was first discovered by Dieter Marcus Stultus, a Roman citizen
of Germanic (Visigoth) background, who noted that the citizens of Montorio
Romano, a small town in central Italy, never got sick.  Ever.  After
research he found that residents would eat a white chalky material that was
mildly sweet with their daily meals, usually mixed with olive oil.
Analyzing the chalky material, he found elements of tin and another
substance he could not identify (later found to be Actinium), and Stultus
simply labelled as AKE, which could not be separated from the tin. That is
why it is not found in its elemental form in nature.   So this chalky paste
was SnAKE Oil, the Latin for which was Anguis Oleum, and was combined into
Anguisolium.  The material has been found to be rather common,
unfortunately resulting in a lot of SnAKE Oil salesman plaguing the market
today.   Just as everyone had a few atoms of uranium in them, so too do
people have a little bit of Anguisolium in them as it is a common additive
to baby foods.  Extensive medical studies at the University of Australia –
Tasmania – Hagley, by Dr. Hugo Gdaymate, has shown that Anguisolium
preferentially enters the pleural lining of the lungs,  and limits CO2
absorption into the lungs, preventing human blood from becoming fizzy like
soda pop.  Very important.

Sadly, much of what we know of Anguisolium is only recent in origin.
Historians have determined that Stultus attended the Colosseum in Rome, got
into the wrong line and ended up as a participant, rather than a
spectator.  Not even pure Anguisolium will help you when eaten by a lion.
On the positive side of it, that lion was the healthiest animal in Rome for
decades.

Doug Pauls
Principal Materials and Process Engineer
Rockwell Collins