TECHNET Archives

October 2015

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2015 20:34:52 -0400
Technetters,
I'm signing up for ComplianceNet, but I thought I would give it a shot here too.

I have heard that there is a move by NGOs to get antimony trioxide banned/restricted and that a proposed replacement is bismuth nitrate. Now bismuth nitrate is a SALT, a hydroscopic one at that.  Salt solutions conduct electricity. Yes, I know it decomposes to bismuth subnitrate which is virtually insoluble (so says the Merck Index), but doesn't this sound like another red phosphorus disaster waiting to happen?

Anybody know anything about this?

Bev
Blackberry