TECHNET Archives

October 2015

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 20:09:31 -0400
Deng,
I suggest if you have the time, get the supplier to provide you connectors with a tin or solder plating already on the connection pins.

About a decade ago almost lost my job over these suckers.  Told my boss that the USB connectors were bare nickel and he brushed it off and we had terrible field problems as a result.
Bev
Blackberry

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent those of the company I work for.