TECHNET Archives

October 2015

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:17:15 -0400
Phil,

  If all the strands were loose and not all soldered together I would say go
ahead and crimp. But with all the wires soldered into a solid mass I think
the crimping would be like trying to crimp to a large solid wire. I recall
that is not an accepted practice.

I think you have no option but to solder the Litz to the terminal but that
will focus bending, and breakage, at the wire to solder transition.  If the
remain Litz is secured and there is little vibration probably ok.

 Now all that is my guessing to fill in the blanks I never knew or forgot.
:-(

Bob K