TECHNET Archives

October 2015

From:
"Mattix, Dwight" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Mattix, Dwight
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:33:06 +0000
It's not just a matter of meeting industry standards but of supply portability and high  vs low volume build rules.

Hence the creation and maintenance of sets of different internal pwb constraints tables for different classes of pwb which also have to reflect where they'll be sourced. The routing rules for high volume full build 0.65 - 1.2mm thick ELIC type stackups with uVia only outerlayers and no core vias  are not the same as rules for 2mm thick 3n3 with uVia stacked on core via and uVia + PTH on outers which are not the same as 5mm thick flipdrilled probecard or loadboard routing rules.  Each rule set has rules for areas that are way over the IPC lines but fall within the needs of the app.

dw

Sometimes under battle field emerging technology conditions intelligent disregard of orders IPC standards is called for (just be sure to keep good notes for your inevitable court martial). ;)