TECHNET Archives

September 2015

From:
Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2015 19:51:22 +0000
Victor, a few months ago I think I mentioned that betwee-layer registration is, to my knowledge, a factor affecting impedance of differential transmission line impedance when the two conductors are not in the same plane.  This configuration is rare compared to that of both conductors in the same plane, as far as I can tell.

Impedance mismatch at terminations would impact signal integrity. My knowledge is not great but contact me directly if you want more.  Modeling software, of which that from Polar Instruments is widely used, may help quantify the signal degradation.

Louis Hart