TECHNET Archives

August 2015

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 08:16:14 -0600
Hi Adrian,

I have your picture posted, it is here:

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/PCB_Slot.jpg

That certainly is unusual, I don't think you'll find anything in IPC that
addresses that sort of interconnection. But the important thing is whether
or not that works for YOU. Personally, I don't see why it shouldn't
provided that there is a continuous fillet that wets completely to the pin
and walls of the slot. It looks like there is a void in the fillet that you
have circled in red, I don't think you want to see that.

One other thing that you might consider, although it's had to tell from the
picture, it looks like those pins might be gold plated, I think I would
consider removing the gold so that there is no possibility of embrittlement
issues.

Interesting connection scheme though...

Steve

--

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended
recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary