TECHNET Archives

August 2015

From:
Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:19:24 +0000
Good day Technet
I've got some 20 boards that were badly taped and have solder on the gold fingers.  Aaarrrggg!!!

So I know it is possible to get a kit with the chemicals and gear to allow re-plating the fingers, we are looking at it but my questions are:

1) what is the best kit, does anyone have a recommendation (or warning)?
2) does anyone offer this as a service?  I've only got the 20 boards like this, the cost per board will be fairly substantial and this has not historically been a recurring issue.

--
regards,

Graham Collins
Senior Process Engineer