TECHNET Archives

August 2015

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:50:17 -0500
Hi Bob - Ag and Sn have a rich intermetallic family so there is very little
risk of having undissolved Ag if the solder volume, reflow time, and reflow
temperature parameters are adequately controlled. The biggest risk of
having an issue with a silver surface finish (or any metallic surface
finish) is have segregation of the surface finish at an interface due to
inadequate soldering process parameters.

Dave