TECHNET Archives

August 2015

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2015 07:52:11 -0500
Hello Ricardo - as long as the gold thickness of the thermal plane is thin
enough that you will not have a solder joint gold embrittlement situation
occur then soldering the thermal plane should not be an issue. In fact,
having an as-plated surface rather than a pretinned surface would be
significantly more manufacturing friendly and therefore favored.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins