TECHNET Archives

July 2015

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 08:59:03 -0500
Here is the Element Quiz Quiz Question:

The Question:
This element is hygroscopic and tarnishes in the atmosphere. A major
commercial use of this element is as a alloying agent for high strength
steel. It is also used as a yellow pigment to color glass. This element is
a element constituent in the metal used to make lighter flints.  Which
element is being described?

Bonus Question:
This element was called a different name before it was discovered that the
"element" was really a combination of two elements. What was that name?

The winner of the weekly element quiz will get the services of Clumpy and
Kloumpios for the week.

So far Clumpy and Kloumpios have done the following:

Past Quiz winners/tasks:
Week 1 Dick Krug,  Spartan Complex Systems
Week 2 Laura Turbini, IRC
Week 3 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
Week 3 Pat Goodyear, PGE
Week 4 Joe Russeau, Precision Analysts Laboratory
Week 5 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security
Week 6 Steve Gregory
Week 7 Phil Kinner
Week 8 Brian Ellis
Week 9 James Head,Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
Week 10 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 11 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
Week 12 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld-Elektronik
Week 13 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 14 Brian Ellis
Week 15 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security
Week 16 Steve Gregory
Week 17 Phil Kinner
Week 18 Ian Braddock, MBDA Systems
Week 19 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 20 Denny Fritz, SAIC
Week 21 Amol Kane
Week 21 Dewey Whittaker, Honeywell
Week 21 David Bealer, Watch Fire Sign
Week 22 Phil Kinner
Week 23 Guy Ramsey, RD Circuits
Week 24 Mark Kostinovsky, Schlumberger
Week 25 Keith Calhoun, SoparkCorp
Week 26 Paul Reid, PWB Interconnect Solutions Inc
Week 27 Greg Munie, IPC
Week 28 Steve Gregory
Week 29 Gus Trakas, Viasystems
Week 29 Steve Creswick
Week 30 Robert Welch,Moog Component Group
Week 31 Heidi Havelka, Interplex Sunbelt
Week 32 Raye Rivera, Canoga Perkins
Week 33 Steve Creswick
Week 34 Dewey Whittaker, Honeywell
Week 35 Don Vischulis
Week 36 Greg Munie, IPC
Week 37 Larry Dzaugis
Week 37 Bonus Question Steve Mikell
Week 38 Curt McNamara, Logic PD
Week 38 Bonus Question Dewey Whittaker, Honeywell
Week 39 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 40 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 40 Ron Feyereisen, Sigmatron Int.
Week 41 Steve Gregory
Week 42 Steve Mikell
Week 43 Mark Kostinovsky, Schlumberger
Week 44 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 44 Eddie Hofer, Rockwell Collins
Week 45 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 46 Joe Russeau, Precision Analysts Laboratory
Week 47 Phil Bavaro,L-3 Communications
Week 48 Brian Ellis
Week 49 Leland Woodall,CSTech
Week 49 Drew Meyer, Benchmark Electronics
Week 50 Greg Munie, IPC
Week 51 Karen Tellefsen.
Week 52 Greg Munie, IPC
Week 53 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 54 Phil Bavaro, L-3 Com.
Week 55 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc. deferred to Richard Stadem, GD,
Week 56 Carl Van Wormer, Cipher Engineering LLC
Week 57 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc
Week 58 Leland Woodall, CSTech, Inc.
Week 58 Bonus Question Robert Wolfe
Week 59 Greg Munie, IPC
Week 60 Graham Collins, Sunsel Systems
Week 61 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
Week 62 Leland Woodall
Week 62 Brien Bush, Cirtronics
Week 63 Pat Goodyear, PGE
Week 64 Ed Popielarski
Week 65 Jim West, N.S. International
Week 66 Brian Ellis
Week 67 Ravinder Ajmani, HGST
Week 68 Robert Wolfe
Week 69 Joe Russeau, PAL.
Week 69 Leland Woodall, Keihin North America
Week 70 Jim West, N.S. International
Week 71 Steve Gregory
Week 72 Bhanu Sood, CALCE
Week 72 Ed Popielarsk
Week 72 Robert Welch, Moog Component Group
Week 73 Torsten Hagge, Kristronics GmbH
Week 74 Greg Munie, IPC
Week 75 Doug Pauls, Rockwell Collins
Week 76 Graham Collins, Sunsel Systems
Week 77 Robert Kondner, Index Designs
Week 77 Bonus Brien Bush, Cirtronics
Week 78 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 79 Denny Fritz, SAIC
Week 80 Brian Ellis
Week 81 Mordechai Kirshenbaum
Week 81 Jim West, N.S. International
Week 82 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc
Week 82 Robert Welch, Moog Components Group
Week 83 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
Week 84 Mike Fenner
Week 85 Steve Gregory
Week 86 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security
Week 87 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld-Elektronik
Week 88 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 89 Avni Selim Ozcukurlu, Aselsan Inc.

Week 90 Pat Goodyear, PGE
- the boys arrived safe and sound, but they are complaining that no one
told them they had to carry water in buckets with yokes. They can't use
their tractors because of the security at the plant so it is a 11 mile hike
each way. I can't find enough Dew to keep them happy.

Week 91 Mordechai Kirshenbaum
- I met the boys at the Ben Gurion Airport yesterday (we were on the same
flight as I was coming back from the States) and put them to work
installing a new Event Detector system.

Week 92 ????
-assisted with ????

Everyone have a safe week.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins
Data Credit Note: the information in the Element Quizzes is taken from
several published sources including The History and Use of Our Earth's
Chemical Elements by R. Krebs and Nature's Building Blocks by J. Emsley.