TECHNET Archives

July 2015

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2015 09:34:56 -0500
Good morning all,

A completely non-technical question for you this morning.  As many of you
know, my evil twin brother Dave Hillman and I have the great privilege of
mentoring and supervising our extremely bright co-op students and interns
(7 this summer).  We have found, over the years, that these students do not
get any kind of education or training on how to make intelligent choices
relevant to benefits.  Things like medical choices, HSA vs. FSA, pre-tax
vs. post-tax dollars, 401K options, etc.  None of the colleges I know of
have such a course for graduating seniors.  Rockwell Collins does not have
any such training, though it is being discussed for the future.

So, I am wondering if any of your companies offer your new professionals
such training or know of good publicly available courses on the topics?

Doug Pauls
Principal Materials and Process Engineer
Rockwell Collins