TECHNET Archives

July 2015

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:14:03 -0400
Hi Mumtaz - two things we have seen that are important when soldering
NiPdAu component finishes are (1) soldering temperature/profile. Pd
dissolves much slower into Sn than other elements so running the soldering
temperatures 10 degrees hotter than typical and increasing the soldering
time 3-5 seconds longer than typical can be beneficial; (2) flux
formulation. Some fluxes work better than others when Pd is included in the
soldering situation. Hope this helps.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins