TECHNET Archives

July 2015

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2015 15:53:11 -0400
Since dave is no show, here is my test question:
the element is abundant in "S-type" stars and quite high oxide form of
this element content in lunar rock or terrestrial rocks.  However, it is
not found in nature as a native metal on earth, due to its intrinsic
instability with respect to water.  The name of the element come from
Persian word of "gold colored", although it is grey-white lustrous color
in pure form.  What is it?
(I got nothing to send out to help you to do any work - can't employ
anyone right now... with the canadian $ hit to the bottom... might be just
something good to look at it only;-).
                jk