TECHNET Archives

July 2015

From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2015 15:59:50 +0000
Look at test coupons such as Heraeus Benchmarker II. That is a really good one; you can perform a full solder paste qualification test using the Benchmarker PWBs, and they can provide them with any finish you like. I have used them with ENIG, IAg, OSP, and HASL. Another really good one is the SMTA Saber from Practical Components. You can perform the wetting test using a 6mm round aperture on one of the large belly pads that are on that board. The Saber is available in HASL and OSP, not sure about ENIG or IAg.
Dean Stadem