TECHNET Archives

July 2015

From:
Tony Lentz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tony Lentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 2015 16:51:54 +0000
Hello Greg,

The HASL process is alive and well in North America.   There are many PCB shops which use both leaded (63-37) and lead free (SN100CL) HASL processes.  The shops that run HASL also offer alternative finishes like ENIG, Immersion Silver, Immersion Tin, etc.

Unfortunately I do not have good data for the ratio of HASL use as compared to other solderable finishes.  My counterparts at Florida Cirtech can certainly provide some data.   I will forward your message to them and ask them to get in touch with you.

Best regards,

Tony Lentz
FCT Assembly
Field Application