TECHNET Archives

July 2015

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 2015 17:54:32 +0300
I have tens of web sites over three hosts and half-a-dozen domains and
with different appearances. Quite frankly, their organisation is
anarchic. Because of this, I want to consolidate them into a coherent
set of a single website and a number of sub-sites.

I've started this Herculean task, akin to the Augean stables, but
without a river to divert into cleaning them up!

What I have done, so far, is to make a new home page with a footer menu.
The links on this point mainly to the old sites with two exceptions:
Ozone and Cyprus Nature. These two point to brand new sub-sites, each
with a different footer menu (the Ozone sub-site is all brand new
material, while the Cyprus Nature sub-site is largely imported from the
old website, but with updating an a few new pages.) These two sub-sites
have a consistent appearance with the Home Page, which is linked in both
(the old sites remain fairly anarchic).

The point I wish to make is that I need your opinions and help before I
go any farther in this big project. Please go to
http://cypenv.eu/green/
and look at the footer menu. Then click on the Ozone and Cyprus Nature
links to see how I aim to make the sub-sites consistent. You can explore
the contents of both sites as you wish or you can revert to the original
Home Page by clicking on Home at the bottom left. You can also link to
the other sites/pages but these are not yet consolidated and don't have
links back (the back button should work, though).

This is very much work in progress and there may be unforeseen problems
with some browsers (tested with IE 11, FF 38 and Pale Moon 25 X64). If
you see anything untoward or have suggestions, etc., please post them
here, so that all can see and confirm your findings.

A BIG thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Brian