TECHNET Archives

July 2015

From:
"Upton, Shawn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Upton, Shawn
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2015 20:46:55 +0000
I kicked off a conversation with coworkers about this subject, then did some looking.  Came up with some interesting stuff:

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

$1 today is the same as:
$0.77 in 2003
$0.63 in 1993
$0.42 in 1983
$0.19 in 1973

$1,000 in 1973 is the same as $5,355.97 today.  Or over $60k/year.  US Median income is $52k in 2012.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States#
I know it varies state to state and all.

Am I missing something?

Shawn Upton
Section Head, Test Engineering
Sensors Business Unit