TECHNET Archives

June 2015

From:
Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2015 16:48:31 +0000
I agree with Mike.  Biggest concern is a significant drop in activity.   Coalescence of the solder paste  into a single large ball when reflowed  on a  non-solderable  surface such as  a ceramic plate would  be a good start. One nice solder ball is what you're looking  for with minor if any adjacent solder fines not coalesced into  the large single ball.  If it looks good, I would still only keep it for about 25 % of its stated shelf life.

Rich  Kraszewski /Plexus