TECHNET Archives

June 2015

From:
Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2015 09:08:26 -0500
All:

In our geographic region we have continued problems with electrical voltage
"drop outs". Power will inadvertently and in an unplanned fashion dip (not
related to other loads in the factory coming on board) and then recover in
less than a few seconds.

We have tried power monitoring equipment to try and "catch" these low
voltage swings to see when an event happened but with no success as the
frequency of occurrence is small and the period between them can be months.

That being said we have lost several boards on different equipment
including controller boards on our PnP equipment and fans on ovens. Our
sneaking suspicion is that it is somehow linked to drop in voltage (messing
up the print, errors on machines, etc).

Has anyone experienced similar voltage surges or dips? What types of
protection strategies or equipment have you found to be worthwhile in
protecting the electronics on the equipment?

Thanks

--
Bob Wettermann