TECHNET Archives

May 2015

From:
Tony Lentz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tony Lentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2015 15:40:18 +0000
Hello Louis,

Measurements of bump heights on the order of hundreds of microns can be done with a couple of different methods.  An extremely sensitive method is profilometry.  This method uses a stylus to move over the surface and determines roughness through the z-axis movement of the stylus.  Profilometry is typically accurate below micron levels.

Oxford Instruments produces a number of gauges designed to measure copper thickness using techniques like electrical resistance and eddy current.  These are not as accurate as profilometry, and require a larger spot size for measurement.

Best regards,
Tony Lentz