TECHNET Archives

April 2015

From:
Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2015 09:35:35 -0300
Well, I hate to be a heretic but...  I do know of one instance where
BGAs that were over 7 years old were installed on boards quite
successfully, no heroic storage measures had been taken and the only
precaution was baking the parts prior to installation.  In this case the
company that had made the parts went bankrupt shortly after the parts
were designed in and the decision was made to do a lifetime buy of parts
from distributors.  Arguably not the best decision and clearly not one
made on technical merit, but in this case there were no adverse effects.

regards,

Graham Collins
Senior Process Engineer
Sunsel Systems