TECHNET Archives

April 2015

From:
"Peter G. Houwen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Peter G. Houwen
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 08:53:33 -0500
We have an FPGA that may not be available to us soon.  One of the options available to us to avoid a redesign is to buy 5 years' supply of the BGA.

I'm being asked to analyze the risk factors (and we need an answer today of course)

We can easily bake parts for moisture, but what about plating degradation on the balls?  Any other problems I might expect?

I assume that even with baking we should expect some yield reduction, but I can't begin to guess how much.

Thanks,

Pete