TECHNET Archives

April 2015

From:
Dale Ritzen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dale Ritzen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2015 11:18:32 -0500
Thanks Steve,
We have been, through a local recycler that takes our dross, too. However, the volume we have on a regular basis (500 – 1,000 lbs) only nets us about $20-$30 a calendar quarter as we’re getting $0.04 per lb for the edges. They take up a lot of space on the manufacturing floor in 55 gal barrels between pickups and we’re trying to get rid of the clutter. Would love to keep this stuff out of the waste stream, but it may not be economically beneficial to continue to recycle it at that level of payback if it isn’t a polluter. The “cost vs. benefit” ratio strikes again…

  Dale