TECHNET Archives

April 2015

From:
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 2015 20:58:35 -0400
I saw the answer of N... for a moment, I almost submitted C (CO2 as
produced ;-).  However, it wouldn't fit into the bill for the rest of
the requirements...  So K would be the best choice ;-).  Doug wins....
On Apr 5, 2015, at 3:22 PM, Mike Fenner wrote:

> HMMMM
> I'm not going to disagree with Brian, but it's a fine point.
> For example how would a native metal be classified? If it's just
> found lying
> around is it mined, picked up, extracted or as Dave said just
> "produced!?
> Are we now in for a long series of legalistic appeals :)or do we
> have to
> pre-emptively appeal and get a higher board clarification?
> I'm beginning to see the benefits of the British way here rather
> than the
> US. In other words we would just muddle through this, whereas in US
> it seems
> every thing has to be written out starting with the constitution.
>
> Best
>

> Mike

>>> States. This element's name is related to saltpeter ( salts of
>>> Petra!).
>>> The
>>> Greek words "pnigo" or "pnigein". The technology of Positron
>>> Emission
>>> Tomography. Which element is being described?
>>>
>>> The Answer:
>>> The element in Nitrogen (N). Nitrogen is the 30th most abundant
>>> element
> on
>>> earth and the 2nd most produced in the United States. Daniel
>>> Rutherford
>>> derived the name "nitrogen" from the Greek words "nitron" and
>>> "genes"
>>> which
>>> stand for "soda or saltpeter forming". The Group 16 elements are
>>> often
>>> described by an archaic name - the pnictogen elements as the word
>>> "pnictogen" is the Greek verb for "to choke" referring to
>>> nitrogen as a
>>> choking gas. The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
> (IUPAC)
>>> does not recognize the term "pnictogen" despite its use by many
>>> chemists.Radioisotope N-13 has a half life of 10 minutes and
>>> produces a
>>> positron as it decays. PET - Positron Emission Tomography - can
>>> track the
>>> positron's interaction with negative electrons in the human body
> producing
>>> an image when N-13 is injected as part of medical assessments.
>>>

>>> The winner of the weekly element quiz is Mordechai Kirshenbaum
>>> and he
>>> will get
>>> the services of Clumpy and Kloumpios for the week. Many correct
>>> this week with several only being seconds apart per the Firewall
>>> time
>>> stamp. The seven EQAB members had significant issues assessing