TECHNET Archives

April 2015

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2015 17:33:51 -0400
good kapton should be OK (make sure it is real stuff, not just look
alike - said semiconductor cleanroom compatible type... ).  some of
the polyester type has silicone adhesive or silicone release agent.
not a big deal if you clean it after remove the tape and not go
through heat (reflow)... if you go with reflow, you might have
residue silica/silicone left on the surface that not easy to
clean...  anything smelly, not a good tape... my 1.6 cents.
      jk