TECHNET Archives

April 2015

From:
"Nutting, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nutting, Phil
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2015 19:22:23 +0000
The connection is a "pancake" style high voltage connector carrying 180,000 volts.  Silicon grease is used with a gummy silicon washer to hopefully exclude air in the connection.  When the unit is new it must be cleaned before assembly and if it is used the old silicon grease must be removed before applying new grease for reassembly.