TECHNET Archives

April 2015

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:46:49 -0500
Hi Wayne - yes, we have a family of power devices where we put a indium
preform in a "thermal well" and then place the device on top of it. The
indium deforms nicely and makes excellent contact with both the well and
device surfaces for very good thermal conductivity. Kind of a pricey
configuration but necessary for the functionality of the device. Also be
careful of exposure to the product use environment as indium has some fun
corrosion characteristics.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins