TECHNET Archives

April 2015

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2015 16:42:11 -0400
any of your high Pb possibly not going survive high vibration environment
(unless it is very low profile and large area contacts).  you might need
secondary support.  Press fit also not very good for high vib... unless
your mech eng group root out all the resonance... (never know when you
installed into the box, and start running on what kind of road, etc.
etc.).  depend upon what you intend to solder (250C, not many chip goes
that high if it is continuous, even it is 10% user life... you are out
there.  don't be a penny pinch... if I were you...). life support or
mission critical always need redundancy = don't drop on my head, unless it
is one shot deal (boom, it is gone type).  go for the safe bet rather than
live on the bleeding edge.  my 1.6 cents (I am old with fainted heart).
                     jk

>>> http://www.linkedin.com/company/battelle>
>>> Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/Battelle> | YouTube<