TECHNET Archives

March 2015

From:
Gregg Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gregg Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2015 16:36:41 +0000
I think disabling the machines directly would be hard to setup the software to "talk" between your ESD tester and the machine directly.

An alternate would be to use your ERP system linked to the work order operation for the SMT line to the passing ESD testing. So the technician could not log into the work order operation without first passing ESD testing.

Our ERP system handles the ESD test results and would venture that it would be easier to create software links to the WO operations.

BTW, this is an excellent idea to error-proof your process, especially when escapes are possible. If the is a way to take a shortcut, there always seem to be a will to take shortcuts by some of your staff.

Gregg Owens