TECHNET Archives

March 2015

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 2015 17:10:43 -0400
Victor,
I did - when I was at Nortel in the 1990s.  But I don't have that info now,
but I CAN say I NEVER saw a lead fail when it was pulled out of eutectic
tin/lead solder from a 62 thou thick board.  And here at Blackberry, I have
never seen a USB through hole lead fail when pulled out of SAC solder in
boards around a mm thick.  The solder always gives way first.  I cannot tell
you what the numbers are, but I can say that any executive, sales person,
etc. who thinks solder is a really good meahanically robust material is,
well, a tad WRONG!!

Regards,
Bev