TECHNET Archives

March 2015

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:53:07 -0600
Hi Bob,

The J-STD states that gold shall be removed from 95% of the soldered
surfaces if it is more than 2.54 micrometers thick. I think if you look at
the datasheet for a lot of parts (not all parts mind you), you'll find that
the gold does not exceed that thickness. So maybe you're tinning parts that
you don't really need to tin...

Steve

--

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended
recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary