TECHNET Archives

March 2015

From:
Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:29:20 -0500
We have a contract where we have to place parts per JSTD-001 process
guidance (Class 2 and Class 3).

There are some THOLE parts that are gold-plated (RF connectors) wit gold
pins and some leadless SMT devices with gold pads.

Based on the client's interpretation of the spec all of these parts need to
be tinned.

For such a small lot size (5 boards per P/N) are people hand tinning a few
components or send them out to be retinned? What is your experience with
the co-planarity of the leadless devices post tinning using a manual
process?

Regards

--
Bob Wettermann