DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2015

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:25:34 -0500
Well, I think IPC-D-275 went obsolete in 1996?
but I hope you're enjoying your flashbacks!

For the other question that was asked, sorry if I wasn't clear.
We have already been using /126 for several years,
I was just wondering what a good step towards BETTER thermal
characteristics would be BEYOND /126
(like what might be used in an automotive engine compartment.)
Maybe /126 IS used there, I wouldn't know, but I don't know how to ask any
clearer, sorry
I just want a better idea of how a designer should know when to look for
something better

I'm not sure I even have an IPC-D-279, I'll look...
but I sure would feel more comfortable reading something that was written
in THIS millennium
(for the record, I don't think IPC-4101/126 even EXISTED back then)

but thanks for taking the time to answer,
Jack