DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2015

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
James Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:00:30 -0600
I didn't attend APEX, so my opinion is not worth much but...

I always thought that it was up to the manufacturer of the part in
question to say how to connect the heat slugs under their parts.

Some will say to not connect them to GND - others will say to connect
them.

I realize that your point is about connecting the heat slugs directly
to a pin that is also GND, but I figure that if they didn't want the
slugs connected to a GND pin, they would also say that in their
datasheets.

But... what do I know...

Regards,

James Jackson