TECHNET Archives

February 2015

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:45:48 -0600
HI Ioan - ugg, that is a tough question as there are many good books on
plating. My "go to list" would be first the IPC-455X surface finish
specifications, second the book  *Modern Electroplating* by F. Lowenheim,
ISBN 0-471-54968-1 and third, the American Welding Society (AWS) Soldering
Handbook, ISBN 0-87171-618-6. The IPC specifications give you info (but not
how they are plated) on the surface finishes you are using on assemblies,
Lowenheim's book provides good info covering how metals are plated and the
Soldering Handbook provides awesome technical insight on the
finishes/soldering interactions. The AWS Soldering Handbook is one
reference everyone should have on their desk (IMHO) and pulled together by
Dr. Paul Vianco, who knows our industry/soldering processes very well.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Ioan TEMPEA <[log in to unmask]