TECHNET Archives

February 2015

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 16:42:09 -0600
Hi Dale -for either our tin/lead soldering processes (20+ years of data) or
our lead-free processes (5 years of data), I have never seen the phenomena
you detailed. I have seen several instances of package cracking and process
materials penetrating the package due to MSL ("popcorning") issues but no
incursion into the package with normal soldering processes that was not MSL
related.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins